There are now new regulations for those commuting from UK to another country.
People who live in the UK but work in another country and travel between the UK and country of work at least once a week. Here are the key points:
- You will need to complete the Public Health passenger locator form before traveling to the UK. The information you provide will be used to contact you if a passenger on your flight, ship or train tests positive for coronavirus (COVID-19).
- You will also have to show evidence that you reside in one country but work in the other, and that you travel between the two countries on a minimum of a weekly basis, for example, with a season ticket.
- You will not need to self-isolate for 14 days if you are staying in England, Wales or Northern Ireland but you will need to self-isolate for 14 days if you are planning to stay in Scotland.
There are also new UK border rules and you must check if you are exempt before you travel
- Each passenger travelling must complete a separate form this includes if you are traveling with a group.
- If you are travelling with someone under 18 years old, they do not need their own form, provided you:
- arrive in, and leave the UK together
- stay at the same address in the UK
- add their details onto your form
- Before you start you will need:
- your passport information
- your travel details, including times and dates
- the address where you will stay in the UK (if applicable)
You cannot submit this form until 48 hours before your arrival time in the UK
For full details visit the relevant UK Government site.
BEWARE: There are also Swiss border restrictions in place
EU/EFTA (and UK) workers can come into Switzerland to work. For the latest on the Swiss rules please check our Coronavirus FAQ
Accurity GmbH is an employment services company with an impressive 20 year record working with contractors working temporarily in Switzerland. Our international team, conveniently based near Zurich Airport has worked with over 3’000 contractors to date. Please feel free to contact us for a non-binding discussion regarding your requirements.